keskiviikko 12. huhtikuuta 2017

Acheron - Rehearsal '89


Acheron - Rehearsal 1989
1) Jaws of Satan (Sathanas cover)
2) Dethroned Emperor (Celtic Frost cover)
3) Raise the Dead (Bathory cover)

Sampo / Depositfiles

Here's an early Acheron rehearsal, featuring three tracks which are all in essence covers, though the first one is Jaws of Satan by Sathanas, which split into Acheron and Bathym back in '88 (and reformed around '91/'92 again), so it's essentially their own song performed by their new band. In case you don't know, Acheron was and/or is a well-known and quite influential US Satanic death metal band. Or black/death, depending on the era. Ripped from a tape I traded back in the 90's, I don't think it ever had a cover as it was most likely just dubbed to some contacts.

At slightly over ten minutes this is a compact package of vintage black/death/thrash metal. The two "proper" covers are of course classic picks and they play them with vigor and enthusiasm. Quite a poor release to get to know Acheron, admittedly, as their own material does not resemble this recording much. It's still a fun listen, the sound is okay for rehearsal and packs even a bit of punch. Not much to add really, except that I actually wish it was longer, maybe add a few Death, Venom, 'Fate, Slayer etc. numbers. Now I feel like listening to old 'Frost or maybe Hellhammer.

2 kommenttia:

GREV kirjoitti...

Oh my god! Now we're speaking about CULT!
I'll remember when I fall in love with Acheron in early 90's!
I trade this tape from one American contact with some other goodies. I have this in CD-R, but now I've this on rip!

Thanks again Mr. Velkaarn!

HAIL SATAN!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

CD HAND NUMBERED 100 COPIES BATHYM "DEMONIC FORCES COMPLETE RECORDINGS 89-91", for all the Acheron & Sathanas fans ;) - https://upp2017.wixsite.com/xuppx